Friday, July 24, 2009

Doctor Dolittle

I remember my mother reading Dr. Dolittle to me when I was a kid and I also remember the 1967 version of Dr Dolittle with Rex Harrison playing Dolittle. Recently tho I saw the 1998 version of Dr Dolittle with Eddie Murphy. I've always liked Eddie Murphy, I find him quite funny but I often wonder why he found it necessary to swear in all his comedy acts. Now he's found out you don't have to curse and swear like a sailor to be funny.

Dr Dolittle is a comedy and family movie about a man who discovered he could talk to animals and they could understand him too. In the first movie, Dolittle not only learns of his unique ability but there's a lot of animals in need of his expertise. Including a tiger suffering from something on his brain. His colleges and his family thinks he's going nuts, as does he at one time, but they all learn that he's not so crazy after all. In the sequel which came out in 2001 Dolittle has come to terms with his ability, as has everyone else and he treats not only human patients but animals ones as well. In the sequel he's summoned to the forest by "the beaver". As it turns out there's a large company that is leveling the forest wanting to make it more commercialized. In order to help the animals, Dolittle has to be the love doctor and introduce Archie the bear to Ava the bear. Both of which are endangered species, being the only way they can save the forest.

The Dolittle family was played by the same people in both movies, Eddie Murphy as Dr Dolittle, Kristen Wilson as Lisa Dolittle, Raven-Symoné as Charisse Dolittle and Kyla Pratt as Maya Dolittle. So if you're looking for a movie for the entire family to watch, I highly recommend these ones. They're hilarious.



0 comments: